Facilities Standards and Operations
The Facilities Standards and Operations (FSO) Division collaborates with local law enforcement agencies to maintain and enhance the safety and security of local adult and juvenile detention facilities.
- Establishing minimum standards for local adult and juvenile detention facilities (California Code of Regulations, Titles 15 and 24)
- Conducting biennial inspections of local adult and juvenile detention facilities
- Conducting compliance monitoring pursuant to the federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (JJDPA)
- Providing technical assistance and training to local detention facilities
- Collecting data relative to operations and demographics from local detention facilities
FSO Deputy Director