Testing in STC Core Courses
Instructors for Standards and Training for Corrections (STC) Core Courses are required to develop tests that are used to assess the outcome of core training. In this six-hour course, participants will learn general guidelines and principles for developing the three types of tests utilized in core courses. The basic principles of test development, guidelines for development, and key aspects for review and evaluation will be covered. Guided practice opportunities for developing the three types of test will be provided. Additionally, participants will identify test security components trainers should implement.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe basic principles of test development.
- Identify three types of job knowledge tests that are used to assess core course
- Given a learning objective, design a behavioral skills test (BST).
- Given a learning objective, design a written skills test (WST).
- Develop multiple choice test items that adhere to the multiple-choice item writing
- dentify key aspects for reviewing and evaluating test items.
- Identify test security components that all trainers should implement.
For further information regarding this course, please contact your STC Core Field Representative:
John Prince (southern region) - (916) 322-1145 or John.Prince@bscc.ca.gov,
Mary Wakefield (central region) - (916) 324-9423 or Mary.Wakefield@bscc.ca.gov, or
STC Quick Links
- opens in a new window Home
- opens in a new window Find STC Programs and Services
- opens in a new window STC Forms, Manuals & Resources
- opens in a new window Become a New STC Provider
- opens in a new window STC Learning Portal
- opens in a new window Learning Portal Reference Guide opens PDF file
- opens in a new window ATP (Annual Training Plan)
- opens in a new window Manager Core Options and Registration
- Compliance Monitoring
- STC Field Representative Assignments opens PDF file
- Officer Wellness and Mental Health Grant Program
- Use of Force and De-escalation Training Pilot Program
- Provide Feedback on STC Certified Courses