Standards and Training for Corrections (STC)
We work in collaboration with local corrections systems to improve the professional competence of local corrections staff in California.
- Establishing minimum selection and training standards
- Administering the Corrections Training Fund
- Monitoring for compliance with standards
- Developing core training curricula for entry-level staff
- Administering a training course certification process
- Providing program support and technical assistance to local corrections systems
- Providing training in selected curriculum
Click here for the revised Core Course Manuals for ACO, JCO and PO (effective July 1, 2020). These standards are effective July 1, 2020 but can be voluntarily implemented immediately.
opens in a new windowGive us your feedback on any of our STC certified training courses.
(all feedback will remain confidential)
STC Deputy Director
Evonne.Garner@Bscc.ca.govcreate new email
Mental Health Training Grant (JAG) Information Reminder: Both the BJA PMT quarterly report and the BSCC quarterly progress report for the Mental Health Training Grant are due each quarter. Complete the reports even if you have no grant activity in the reporting period.
STC Quick Links
- opens in a new window Home
- opens in a new window Services
- opens in a new window STC Forms/Manuals & Resources
- opens in a new window STC Learning Portal
- opens in a new window Learning Portal FAQ's and Checklist opens PDF file
- opens in a new window ATP (Annual Training Plan)
- opens in a new window Become a New STC Provider
- opens in a new window Keys Conference
- opens in a new window Training Manager's Seminar (TMS)
- opens in a new window Manager Core Options and Registration
- opens in a new window STC Event & Training Calendar