Juvenile Justice Crime Prevention Act and the Youthful Offender Block Grant Program
Government Code Section 30061 and Welfare and Institutions Code Section 1961, as amended by AB 1998 (Ch. 880, Statutes of 2016), combined and establish the planning and reporting requirements under the Juvenile Justice Crime Prevention Act (JJCPA) and the Youthful Offender Block Grant (YOBG) programs.
- JJCPA Governing Statutes can be found in Government Code Sections 30061, et seq.
- YOBG Governing Statutes can be found in Welfare & Institutions Code Sections 1950, et seq.
The JJCPA program provides state funding for counties to implement programs that have proven effective in reducing crime and delinquency among at-risk youth and youthful offenders.
The YOBG program provides state funding for counties to deliver custody and care (i.e., appropriate rehabilitative and supervisory services) to youthful offenders who previously would have been committed to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice.
Counties are invited to subscribe to the JJCPA-YOBG email list to receive program updates and reporting reminders.
Annual Reporting Due Dates
Due by May 1 of each fiscal year:
JJCPA-YOBG Plans that combine all required information for each of the two programs into one consolidated document.
Due by October 1 of each fiscal year:
A JJCPA-YOBG Year-end Report that provides expenditure detail for both JJCPA and YOBG as well as specified county-wide juvenile offender data.
Annual Plan Template
- Annual Plan Online Submission Dashboard - 2023 REPORTING PERIOD NOW CLOSED
Annual Expenditure and Data Report Templates
Previous Years Annual Plan Templates
- JJCPA-YOBG Annual Plan Template 2020 - PDF
- JJCPA-YOBG Annual Plan Template 2019 - PDF
- JJCPA-YOBG 2022 Expenditure and Date Report Template
- JJCPA-YOBG 2021 Expenditure and Data Report Template
- JJCPA-YOBG 2020 Expenditure and Data Report Template - Excel
- JJCPA-YOBG 2019 Expenditure and Data Report Template - Excel
Annual Reports to the Legislature
Subscribe to the JJCPA-YOBG Mailing List