BOARD MEETING AGENDA
February 10, 2022
New Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
AMENDED TO ADD AGENDA ITEM II*
Teleconference and Zoom Participation Only
Pursuant to Executive Order N-1-22opens PDF file
Instructions for attendance appear on the last page of this agenda
To request to speak on an agenda item during the Board meeting, or If you would like to submit written public comment please email: email@example.com new email.
Please indicate on which agenda item you would like to speak.
To submit written public comment on an agenda item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org new email
Routine items are heard on the consent calendar. All consent items are approved after one motion unless a Board member asks for discussion or separate action on any item. Anyone may ask to be heard on any item on the consent calendar prior to the Board’s vote. Members of the public will be given the opportunity to give public comment during the Board’s discussion of each item. There is a two-minute time limit on public comment unless otherwise directed by the Board Chair.
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Special Order of Business*
Determination of Need to Take Action on Item Not Appearing on 10-Day Agenda (Gov. Code, § 11125.3, subd. (a)(2))
Inspection of Juvenile Halls for Suitability – (Welf. & Inst. Code, § 209, subd.
- Central Juvenile Hall, Los Angeles County PDF
*Please note: based on additional information received from the County of Los Angeles, including recent updates of policies and procedures regarding medical isolation for COVID-19, this item will no longer be heard as a “determination of suitability” within the meaning of Welfare and Institutions Code section 209, subdivision (a)(4). The county has been noticed of the new items of noncompliance, and will be required to submit a corrective action plan for the items described in the attached notice of noncompliance pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code section 209, subdivision (d).
III. Information Items
- Chair’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- COVID-19 Update Power Point Presentationopens PDF file
- Legal Update
- Legislative Update PDF
IV. Action: Consent Items
- Minutes from the November 16, 2021 Board Meeting: Requesting Approval PDF
- Senate Bill 844 (Adult Local Criminal Justice Facilities Construction – Contra Costa) Scope Change: Requesting Approval PDF
Attachment B-1: June 08, 2017, BSCC Board Meeting, Agenda Item Hopens PDF file
Attachment B-2: April 11, 2019, BSCC Board Meeting, Agenda Item Fopens PDF file
Attachment B-3: December 14, 2022, Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office Request for Scope Changeopens PDF file
- Extension of Public Defense Pilot Program Application Deadline: Requesting Approval PDF
- Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) No- Cost Six-Month Extension: Requesting Approval PDF
V. Action: Discussion Items
- Minimum Standards for Local Juvenile Detention Facilities, Title 15, and Title 24: Launch of the Regulation Revision Process, Solicitation of Community Input and Interest in Executive Steering Committee Membership: Requesting Approval PDF
- Adult Reentry Grant Program, Cohort III Request for Proposal: Requesting Approval PDF
- Proposition 47 Grant Program: Update on Demographics and Recidivism: Information Only PDF
- Proposition 47 Grant Program, Cohort III Request for Proposal: Requesting Approval PDF
- California Violence Intervention and Prevention Program (CalVIP) – Development of Service Contracts for Technical Assistance, Expanded Capacity, and Training for CalVIP Grants: Requesting Approval PDF
- Board of State and Community Corrections 2022 – 2026 Strategic Plan: Requesting Approval PDF
Attachment J-1: BSCC 2022-2026 Strategic Plan – Goals and Objectivesopens PDF file
Attachment J-2: BSCC 2022-2026 Strategic Plan – Draft with Staff and Public Commentsopens PDF file
Attachment J-3: BSCC 2018-2021 Strategic Plan, Approved November 09, 2017opens PDF file
- Local Detention Facilities Inspection Update: Requesting Approval PDF
- Indirect Costs Rate for the Board of State and Community Corrections Grant Process: Requesting Approval PDF
VI. Public Comments
Public comment about any agenda items may be heard at this time.
Next Board Meeting: April 7, 2022
Instructions or Attending ZOOM/Teleconference Board Meeting
Use Zoom to both view and hear the Board meeting. Join by phone for audio only. If you do not have Zoom, download to your device before the meeting.
Webinar ID: 878 8503 8751
Join Zoom here: February 10, 2022 Board Meeting
Phone in: 1 (669) 900-9128
One-Tap Mobile: +16699009128, 87885038751#
For additional information about this notice, agenda, to request notice of public meetings, to submit written material regarding an agenda item, or to request special accommodations for persons with disabilities, please contact Adam.Lwin@bscc.ca.govcreate new email or call (916) 324-2626.
For general information about the BSCC visit www.bscc.ca.gov, call (916) 445-5073 or write Board of State & Community Corrections, 2590 Venture Oaks Way, Ste 200, Sacramento CA 95833