Assembly Bill (AB) 1998
AB 1998 (enacted September 30, 2016 and effective January 1, 2017) makes important changes to the planning and reporting requirements under the JJCPA and the YOBG programs. Most significantly, many of the requirements are now combined for the two programs.
- AB 1998 Frequently Asked Questions (4/4/17) - PDF
Background Information on JJCPA & YOBG
The JJCPA program provides state funding for probation departments to implement programs that have proven effective in reducing crime and delinquency among at-risk youth and youthful offenders.
The YOBG program provides state funding for counties to deliver custody and care (i.e., appropriate rehabilitative and supervisory services) to youthful offenders who previously would have been committed to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice.
Annual Reporting Due Dates
Due by May 1 of each fiscal year:
- JJCPA-YOBG Plans that combine all required information for each of the two programs into one consolidated document.
- All County submitted 2018-19 plans received by the BSCC can be accessed here.
Due by October 1 of each fiscal year:
- A JJCPA-YOBG Year-end Report that provides expenditure detail for both JJCPA and YOBG as well as specified county-wide juvenile offender data
- County Submitted 2018 JJCPA-YOBG Expenditure and Data Reports can be accessed here.
- JJCPA-YOBG 2018 Expenditure and Data Report Template - Excel
- JJCPA-YOBG 2018 Year-End Reporting Process - Word
- JCPSS Reporting Standards Glossary - PDF
- JJCPA-YOBG Consolidated Annual Plan - Word
- JJCPA Annual Report to the Legislature, 2017 - PDF
- JJCPA 2016-17 Allocation Schedule - PDF
- 2017 JJCPA-YOBG Expenditure and Data Reports - Link
- 2017-18 County JJCPA-YOBG Plans - Link