Youthful Offender Block Grant (YOBG)
The Youthful Offender Block Grant (YOBG) program provides state funding for counties to deliver custody and care (i.e., appropriate rehabilitative and supervisory services) to youthful offenders who previously would have been committed to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice (DJJ). Individual county allocation amounts are based on a statutory formula that gives equal weight to county juvenile population and juvenile felony dispositions.
By May 1st of each year, every county is required to submit a Funding Application that identifies how it plans to spend YOBG funds in the upcoming fiscal year. Program descriptions and proposed county expenditures for fiscal year 2011-2012 can be seen by clicking on the link below. The narrative, linked to the individual county tabs, was taken directly from the YOBG Funding Applications submitted by counties.
The proposed expenditures reported do not necessarily equal the amount of the county allocations because state law gives counties the flexibility to spend YOBG funds in the year they are allocated or in subsequent years. It is also important to keep in mind that YOBG expenditures shown for a particular program or service do not necessarily represent the total expenditures for that program or service since counties frequently augment YOBG funding with other funding sources.
By October 1st of each year, every county is required to submit a report on the actual expenditure of YOBG funds in the prior fiscal year. A summary of the county Actual Expenditure Reports for the 2011-12 fiscal year can be seen by clicking the link below.
- Best Practices Approach Initiative (BPAI)
- California Gang Reduction, Intervention and Prevention Program (CalGRIP)
- Community Corrections Partnership Plans (CCPP)
- Disproportionate Minority Contact (DMC) Grant
- Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG)
- Evidence-Based Practices (EBP) Program
- Gang Violence Suppression Program (GVS)
- Juvenile Accountability Block Grant (JABG)
- Juvenile Justice Crime Prevention Act (JJCPA) Program
- Juvenile Reentry Grant
- Law Enforcement 2012-2013 Allocation Disbursements
- Proud Parenting Program
- Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT)
- Tribal Youth Grant (TYG)
- Title V Community Prevention Grant
- Youth Center/Youth Shelter (YC/YS) Program
- Youthful Offender Block Grant (YOBG)